A Peek at our Week!
Please NOTE:Orange Phase- Our skating is postponed for this week
Exploration: Peacekeeping Skills for Young People - 5 I Care Rules- incorporating the skills during peer and teacher interactions; Winter themed topics and activities.
- Letters of the week – Nn, Oo, Pp
- Words of the week – on, off, out, play
me, my, Mother, not, new (last week)
- Reading – Concepts of Print- Directionality, 1-1 word match, return sweep, cross checking for letters/sounds, Retelling important events in sequence Beginning/Middle/End , Characters and Setting (who? Where? What happened?)
- Writing- basic repeating pattern sentences to practice sight and high frequency words
high frequency words these are words most encountered in early reading and writing.
Sight words – these are words that students should know by sight… often irregular in spelling
so they free thinking space for working out new words…
Math This Term
NUMBERS-Count forward and back to and from 10 from any number, name the numbers before and after various numbers,
- Subitizing -Recognizing at a glance familiar arrangements of dots and other items (number cubes, fingers, 5 frames etc)
- Relate a numeral to its quantity 1-10
- Compare quantities 6-10 using 1-1 correspondence, Showing a quantity in 2 parts
- Represent and Describe numbers 2-10 concretely and pictorially